What caught my attention in the temple is the cleanliness and the organised nature of activities. The new developments in the temple worth mentioning are:
- When you enter the temple, your feet gets automatically washed by flow of water.
- The entire Temple complex flooring has been converted into Granite.
- There are people who are continuously cleans the temple premises and floors.
- Number of ceiling fans have been provided for the convenience of the devotees.
- A free Siddha Hospital is functioning 6 days a week just outside the temple.
- A free footwear safekeeping facility has been provided.
- A gold plating has been provided for the temple's "Kodi Kambam" (not able to find the correct English word for this)
Overall, today's experience in visiting Vadapalani temple is a very pleasant one. Temple is very clean and you feel like staying in the temple for longer time praying. Thanks to Hotel Saravana Bhavan and Mr Rajagopal (Managing Partner of HSB) for the good work he has done to the upkeep of the temple.
Please visit Vadapalani Murugan Temple whenever you get time to get the blessings of Lord Muruga.