Search This Blog

The Times of India Chennai edition to be launched soon!!

It has been a week of breaking news from me, if you think it is!!

This time, Times of India is going to launch its Chennai edition very soon. They have started giving out pamphlets in commercial and office complexes. As part of their innaugural offer, one year subscription costs you Rs299/- and comes with a free gift of stainless steel flask. The 6 months subscription costs you Rs170/- with a free gift of travel bag.

For die-hard Times of India fans and for people who have come down to Chennai from other parts of India, it would be a nice new year gift. Times of India, as many of us know, is the largest selling newspaper with sales of 3.1 million copies everyday. This is 100,000 more than the no.2 paper, Sun of UK.

I personally look forward to TOI very eagerly as I am a regular reader of The Hindu for many many years now. I am curious to know how different TOI is different from The Hindu.

Lets welcome Times of India to Chennai!!

4 comments:

Barath B V said...

I am a die hard fan of times of India. now am residing at Chennai i wanna subscribe the chennai edition it will be great favour for me & I will be very Thankful to u, if u can guide me where I can get the subscription of TOI. MY EMAIL ID IS baraththelord@gmail.com

P.S :- My place of residence is Pudupet(Mount Road)

Venkysdiary said...

Hi Bharath,
Pls call up 24317979 for subscribing to TOI.
thanks
venkat

Anonymous said...

I HAVE SUBSCRIBED FOR ONE YEAR.
I WAS TOLD IT WOULD BE LAUNCHED FROM 1ST APRIL 2008 ONWARDS.
I HAVE NEITHER RECEIVED A COPY NOR A COMMUNICATION.
PLEASE REPLY
T.F.RAHMAN
rahman19542003@yahoo.co.in

Venkysdiary said...

Hi Rahman,
From the advertisements I see that Times of India Chennai is being launched from 14 April 2008, the Tamil New year's day.
Call 044-24317979 to get the confirmation.
with kind regards
Venkat