Got the below as a forward in one of the group mail boxes. Before you proceed to read further, there is a word of caution. Many of the things listed below, you would have read it elsewhere but it is nice to keep reading good things again and again. I have added some personal comments to the statements about the great investor within brackets.
1) He bought his first share at age 11 and he now regrets that he started too late! (Mine in mid-20's)
2) He bought a small farm at age 14 with savings from delivering newspapers. (Still saving to pay off the existing housing loan!!)
3) He still lives in the same small 3 bedroom house in mid-town Omaha, that he bought after he got married 50 years ago. He says that he has everything he needs in that house. His house does not have a wall or a fence around it.
4) He drives his own car everywhere and does not have a driver or security people around him. (Really curious to know how he wards of possible kidnappers!!)
5) He never travels by private jet, although he owns the world's largest private jet company.
6) His company, Berkshire Hathaway, owns 63 companies. He writes only one letter each year to the CEOs of these companies, giving them goals for the year. He never holds meetings or calls them on a regular basis. ( I wish my boss is like that!!!)
7) He has given his CEO's only two rules. Rule number 1: do not lose any of your share holder's money. Rule number 2: Do not forget rule number 1. (Fantastic rule - really you need to practice it very sincerely if you want to make big money in the markets!!)
8) He does not socialize with the high society crowd. His past time after he gets home is to make himself some pop corn and watch television. (No cholesterol or what!!??)
9) Bill Gates, the world's richest man met him for the first time only 5 years ago. Bill Gates did not think he had anything in common with Warren Buffet. So he had scheduled his meeting only for half hour. But when Gates met him, the meeting lasted for ten hours and Bill Gates became a devotee of Warren Buffet.
10) Warren Buffet does not carry a cell phone, nor has a computer on his desk.
11) His advice to young people: Stay away from credit cards and invest in yourself.
12) Last but not the least, Warren Buffet has donated USD31 billion for Charity!! ( A back of the envelope calculation converts into INR124000 crores - thats a good amount, isnt?!!)