Search This Blog

Besieged by Spams all around!?

No..No.. I am not taking about my friends and colleagues.. It is about the number of spam messages you end up deleting on a daily basis.  I have been used to spams in the emails id's.  Now the spammers have taken different ways to reach you.  Nowadays I am receiving many spam messages in my Yahoo! Messenger.  All these messages are lying there are offline messages and you have to delete one by one.. very taxing.. 

Today  it reached the heights,  when I got a text message (SMS) on my mobile, that too in the dead of the night.  You get up in a fit to see if there is anything important from your colleagues in Office.  The message reads like this:

"CONGRATULATIONS!!! THIS IS TO INFORM YOU THAT YOUR PERSONAL CELL PHONE NUMBER HAVE WON A PRIZE MONEY OF 700,000 GREAT BRITAIN POUNDS FOR THE 2009 SPLASH PROMOTION ORGANIZED BY GUINNESS ORGANISATION.  THESE NUMBER FALL WITHIN THE ENGLAND LOCATION FILE, YOU ARE REQUESTED TO CONTACT OUR FIDUCIARY AGENT IN MANCHESTER VIA E-MAIL FOR THE CLAIM OF YOUR PRIZE MONEY. AGENT NAME: S.G.T.DAVID ESS, EMAIL: S.T.G.DAVIDESS069@HOTMAIL.COM. TEL: +447031 835 472"

This is all bull-shit.  It completely irritates you when you receive this message at 11.50 PM in the night.  If you have received spams in "unique" manner, please let me know. 

I am going to complain to the service provider, AIRCEL,  about this. What more to do?  Any ideas, please let me know.  

4 comments:

senthilkumar said...

i used to get lot of advtersiment sms starting from plot to weight loss program,but yours is unique. which u can't do anything .may be you can forward a complaint to ciber crime depatment .service provider will do nothing as they simply say its beyond our control as somebody or you itself by mistake have given your mobile number. they won't even register a complaint.

Anonymous said...

I don't even open it...play the back to the bowler stroke i.e., tick them all and delete them in one stroke !!

Venkysdiary said...

Hi Senthil,

I guess what you say is right. I didnt bother to lodge a complaint with the service provider.


tks
Venkat

Venkysdiary said...

Hi Adwait,

At times it so happens some message from a known source lands up in Spam. Thats why I am little careful in deleting the spam messages.
tks
Venkat