Search This Blog

Karthigai pandigai!

Today is Karthigai.. this is another excuse to come home early...

Today sitting in the office, I was thinking about the Karthigai "bakshanam" and could not wait anymore.. on few days your longing for these oily things overtakes all your self-control. It ends only after a truckload of pori, appam, vadai and payasam goes inside.

Nowadays, the quantity of these bakshanams have come down drastically, thanks to the dirty Cholesterol, Sugar and all others. I remember in my childhood days, these used to be there for the next 10-15 days and after I come back from school, you get a full plate ... but my son would not have anything beyond tomorrow.. can't help it.

Wanted to burst some crackers. We still have some left over from Diwali but didn't have the patience to go out.

2 comments:

Adwait said...

Two things Venkat, the mothers had patience and energy to prepare these delicacies at home and I that children of the past generation were physically more active and all the "dirty" things got digetsed. Both have changed !!

Venkysdiary said...

Well said, Adwait.. Our mothers have become more health conscious than ever before...