Search This Blog

Missing my driving!!

I have been taking the company cab for the last 45 days or so. Because of this, I hardly got any chance to drive my car. It is one of the longest periods I have not driven my car in the last 6 plus years. I always wanted to drive to office and did it too for few days but due to the odd timings and the distance I have been advised “sternly” not to drive. So I decided to respect the advice and desisted from driving. During the weekends, you have the option to drive but somehow over the last few weeks it so happened that we never went out to a place which required a car.

At last, a week ago I drove my car for a good 25 kilometers in the city traffic and felt really happy about it. Before starting, I thought I would be little scratchy in my driving but it was contrary to that. I was comfortable driving in the morning traffic. The gear changes were happening smoothly and it was again back to business as usual. Then I realized that how deeply I miss my car and the driving. Driving gives me great pleasure is what I realized. Many can claim that Chennai traffic is not worth the effort, but I beg to differ.

I have always been on my own transport but now with the company pick up and drop; you are dependant on somebody to a great extent for commuting. You have to ensure that you are at the pick up spot well in time and leave exactly on time at the allotted hour. Absence of your car removes lot of flexibility from the work life. I really look forward to start driving again… I want my freedom back!!

2 comments:

Sudhar said...

some time too much driving is also boring and tiresome.

I was driving to my office in Abu Dhabi from Dubai. Up and down - 250+kms.

So we do car pooling now so each one of us drive every week.

Sudhar said...

some time too much driving is also boring and tiresome.

I was driving to my office in Abu Dhabi from Dubai. Up and down - 250+kms daily.

So we do car pooling now so each one of us drive every week.